10/28/07

PROCRASTINATION!!!!!

Anyone else watch the Nostradamus thing on the Hitl- er the History Channel? I'm watching it right now, and it's crazy ridiculous, linking a picture of a tower in flames to 9/11. I guess I can see the rather hazy link, but the picture could also be representative of Nationalistic Isolationism and the eventual self-destruction of those nations that practice this foreign policy. The show is also saying that he predicted an Islamic invasion of Europe, and saying that it relates to now, even though the Ottoman Empire was strong at this time. I'm not saying he couldn't have maybe been a prophet, I'm just saying that people have a tendency to see what it is they are looking for. Such as authors that are looking for oppression... anyways, I need to actually start those essays...

EDIT: some guy on the show just said that 9/11 is THE biggest event in world history. period. Are these people serious???

EDIT 2: One of the ladies on the show just now blamed God, no matter your religion, for terrorism and global warming. *sigh* now back to work.

peace


p.s. a couplet I have seen in the shadows of my ceiling:
"The blind followers of the image shall be shown the way
the pictures, moving, disable the men, the words being inane."

these people know not the difference between their holes.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

I love the History Channel! (Geek alert)

I think the thing that shocked me the most was the statement about 9/11 being one of the most influential events in history. What?!?!